SEO Slug plugin breaks WordPress on PHP 7 Server

Well after a couple of years without posting on this blog, I decided to come back and start posting. Well I upgraded WordPress and then wrote a new post. Two hours later and I finally fixed a problem that kept giving a 500 error when trying to add the Post.

Now I have to post how to fix the problem. I changed a lot of settings and finally narrowed it down to the SEO-Slugs plugin that I had installed.

It all came down to this line in the plugins code:

$seo_slug_array = array_diff(
  split(" ", $seo_slug), 
  seo_slugs_stop_words()
);

Replace the “split” with “explode” and you should be set. If that’s too difficult, you can just disable the plugin.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.